Wednesday, August 31, 2016

What's Up?

I thought I should post something before the four year anniversary of my last post.  That's right.  It's been almost four years since I last posted anything on this blog.  I am not sure if this is going to be a regular thing again.  I am sort of testing the waters.

To begin, I thought I would share some of my projects and life events since October 2012.


I got a new sewing machine with all kinds of fancy stitches, automatic thread cutter and knee lifter!!

I made these fabric alphabet letters from scraps (tutorial here)

I created this Hungry Caterpillar set for my niece

This my favorite picture of my girls and I took it!

This is my first completed quilt.  It's a tablecloth quilt for my grandma that my mom bought the fabric for and intended to make 20 years ago!

Spring wall quilt I made from panels and fabric given to me.

We bought a house AND I have my own sewing room now!

Fall wall quilt - one of my favorites so far!

This is the first quilt I ever started.  It's a twin and I was so nervous to quilt it on my little machine.  Success!

We were Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and family for Halloween so I had to make special reindeer headbands.

My mom saw the ocean, walked on the beach, played in the sand for the first time and my sister and I got to go too! (sister and mom pictured)

Nativity wall quilt made from panels given to me.  I used several new stitches on my machine.

I successfully installed a light fixture by myself!


We have slowly grown our garden space each year.


I made the girls little stuffed animal / doll sleeping bags for Christmas a few years ago. They still play with them!

This is my favorite baby gift!  I made this little outfit for my niece out of my sister's sweatpants and t-shirt. Leggings info here, tunic info here


My dad and I brought 2 bathooms out of the 1970s!
I added infinity scarves, potholders and baby bib & burp cloth sets to my Etsy shop

Another favorite - the map wall quilt I made for our living room (tutorial info here)


Even more bib & burp cloth sets in the shop

I have several more projects in the works.  Some are gifts I cannot reveal yet and others are new items I will be adding to the shop soon!

2 comments:

  1. Brandy! This is amazing! I love seeing what you've created! You do really beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!