Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween Decorations & Peanuts Costumes: Repurposed & Cheap!


Homemade or DIY is the way to go for unique, charming and affordable this Halloween!  Check out our repurposed Halloween fun this year:

The Decorations

Remember the milk jug skeleton and spider web candy bowl and I made a few years ago for Halloween?  They are both still in great shape and a make up a big part of our Halloween decorations.  But this year we needed more and I knew Lucy would love to help!


Q-Tip Skeleton from October issue of Family Fun

Spooky garland we made a few years ago....the kids still love it!
 
Egg Carton Bats found on Pinterest.  We skipped the plastic, googly eyes and added fangs!


We used tempera paint and it took FOREVER to dry!

The Costumes

Lucy chose the Peanuts theme for our family costumes this year.  I made all four costumes for under $25 (that includes sewing my first pair of pants!).  I only had to purchase a white hooded sweatshirt for Lucy's Snoopy costume, a yellow polo shirt and black self-stick felt for Ben's Charlie Brown and black spray for my Lucy hair.  The rest of the clothes, fabric and supplies I found in our closets and in my sewing and craft stash.  If we bought the costumes it would have cost well over $100 and we would all freeze to death in the thin, poorly made costumes. (Check out the GIANT pumpkin my mom won at work!!) 

Our version of the Peanuts Gang with our own Great Pumpkin!
 

The cute little tails on Snoopy & Woodstock


Of course we had to find the most sincere pumpkin patch!


Lucy loves Snoopy and LOVES her costume!


The squiggle on Charlie Brown's forehead is hilarious!
 
And my crazy Lucy hair! (excuse the jacket...it was so cold!)

2 comments:

  1. Halloween is now an entire season at our house, it's fun!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!