Friday, February 24, 2012

Week 1 - 40 Bags in 40 Days

The first few days of the 40 Bags in 40 Days Challenge were a piece of cake!  I had a pile of things already gathered and set aside for Goodwill in the garage so I just grabbed a box and added to it until it was full.


I found so much junk to donate I have a bag already started for next week!


While I was in the garage I spotted a floor lamp that I meant to take to Goodwill months ago (like when I was pregnant last summer!) and added it to the pile.


To finish off this week I have 3 bags of paper that I gathered from the office, dining room and randoms drawers and piles on the floor. 



They are full of junk mail, magazines, newspapers, expired coupons and some of Lucy's art.  We always pick out our favorite drawings and paintings together to save or put up on the walls and recycle the rest.  Someday I would like to come up with a better way to display the girls' art but for now this works for us.


The little artist followed me with a toy camera while I was taking pictures of all our clutter and junk.



The grand total for week 1 is:
1 box full of stuff + 1 floor lamp both ready to be donated
3 bags of paper ready to be recycled

Not bad for a short week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!