Saturday, February 4, 2012

Upcycled T-shirt Projects

Pinterest is amazing.  I recently joined (finally!) and have pinned so many projects and recipes I want to try that I will probably never get to all of them.  If you are not familiar with Pinterest I highly recommend it.....as long as you have lots of free time to spend browsing.  It is highly addicting!

While checking out my pins (projects or ideas I saved) the other day I realized several are projects that repurpose t-shirts. 

The t-shirt pom poms tutorial on Craftaholics Anonymous can be used to create pom poms in different sizes and then used in a variety of ways (ornaments, wreaths, party decor).

click to repin on you Pinterest

I will definitely be trying Little Bit Funky's awesome 20 minute crafter: how to make a t-shirt into a skirt tutorial soon.  Looks easy to make, easy to wear and best of all it's free! 

click to repin on you Pinterest

This next tutorial for repurposed t-shirt bags is in Hungarian.  However, the pictures explain the process very well and you could always use Google to translate.  I think with the pictures alone it looks pretty simple.

click to repin on your Pinterest

Make It and Love It has several tutorials for making Valentine's Day outfits for kids from recycled t-shirts but I love this Ruffled Heart Valentine Dress.  Make a dress for almost any holiday by replacing the heart (shamrock, Easter Egg, flower, fall leaf, pumpkin, turkey, Christmas tree, ornament, snowman).

click to repin on your Pinterest

This amazing t-shirt latch hook rug tutorial comes from xoelle.  While the rug is to die for she warns "this rug was super inexpensive to make with the resource of money- it was very costly in the resource of time. I have easily 60 hours invested into this rug, and many many more hours donated by family and friends."  So, if you love the look but don't want to spend that kind of time you can buy them on Etsy.

click to repin on your Pinterest


This adorable layered skirt from Ruffles and Stuff requires no hemming!  This is another one I have to try....she makes it look so easy.  She also has tutorials for aprons, pillows and a rosette shirt all made from old t-shirts.

click to repin on your Pinterest
Happy Repurposing!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I have a few t-shirt projects pinned too. I'm hoping to get to them for the spring.
    When I was a little girl, like Lucy's age, I used to wear tshirts as skirts, tucking the sleeves in to look like pockets. Perhaps I should do that now and pin myself? I do love that bicycle shirt/skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try the t-shirt as skirt idea on Lucy.....she's pretty picky about her clothes fitting just right and staying put though. You should totally pin it yourself!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!