Thursday, January 19, 2012

Etsy Finds: Repurposed Clocks

The only clock in our living room is on the DVD player and it is not easily read from all angles.  Otherwise I have to crane my neck to look into the kitchen via the pass-through to the stove clock.  We need a clock above the TV not only to know the time but also to fill a large blank space on the wall.  I plan to make one out of repurposed materials (of course!) but in the meantime I did a little window shopping on Etsy for inspiration.

Steven Shaver Designs is full of clocks, cuff links and belt buckles all made from recycled car parts and license plates.  The Mercedes Benz desk clock is made from engine parts and would be a unique gift for the car enthusiast.

Mercedes Benz Recycled Auto Piston Rod Desk Clock $175


This rustic clock by Honey's Treasures made from recycled railroad spikes is just one of may repurposed items available in their shop.  They also make furniture, lamps and tin figures from recycled materials.

Clock Railroad Spikes Found & Recycled Items $150


The upcycled movie reel clock is not the only clock made by lahaine.  Check out the Pool Rack Clock and the Vintage Chalkboard Clock as well as other repurposed items and found/altered art.




I love that the clocks made by vinylclockwork are more than just a record with a clock movement added.  The hand cut numbers make these completely unique.

Handcrafted Vinyl Record Clock $23


Red Ark Fabrications made this mantle clock from a found cardboard box and a movement from an unwanted wall clock.

Recycled Cardboard Clock $19



2 comments:

  1. Hiya, I'm really glad I have found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossips and internet and this is actually annoying. A good web site with interesting content, {that is} what I need. Thank you for keeping this web-site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can't find it.
    Liquivac Topside Oil Changer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I currently do not do a newsletter (maybe someday when my little ones are in school). You can follow my blog by email and receive new posts in your inbox. Look for the "Follow by Email" box on the right hand side of the screen under the Twitter information.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!