Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Jane Austen Repurposed on Etsy

I recently watched my copy of the Pride and Prejudice BBC/A&E miniseries and just discovered the series Lost in Austen (caught it on Ovation).  Needless to say I have had all things Elizabeth Bennet & Mr. Darcy on my mind!  Also, it has been several years since I read a Jane Austen novel so maybe a trip to the library is in order.

Random Prefect hand cuts various silhouettes from old vinyl records to make necklaces and earrings.

Jane Austen Recycled Record Silhouette $12

Rebound Designs creates handmade purses, wallets and pins from repurposed books.  From her shop: "Bibliophiles, don't fret! All of my wallets and purses are made from damaged or discarded books, 90% were being thrown out by libraries. All care is taken to never use valuable or rare books. Have a favorite book that is falling apart? Send it to me and I will turn it into a one of a kind purse or wallet for you!"

Custom Pride and Prejudice Book Purse $165

MaisyandAlice creates Heart Strings Mobiles from the pages of old, worn books.  Here is one made from a vintage copy of Sense and Sensibility she "saved from almost certain death whilst on one of my fossicking trips!"

Heart Strings- Jane Austen- Sense and Sensibility Mobile $15


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful place to find oneself! Delighted to be here, thank you kindly!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!