Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Repurposed in Ohio

We have made Columbus, Ohio our new home.  Once the weather perks up maybe I'll venture out a little more to discover my surroundings.  Until then, I used the Etsy shop local feature to find artists and craftspeople selling repurposed items in Ohio.  Check out my finds:

This unique wedding bouquet by The Ritzy Rose made from vintage jewelry and brooches will never wilt or fade.

Vintage Brooch Jewelry Bouquet - Medium $375

I was very excited to see that ikcdesign is located in Ohio.  I purchased this Recycled Record Business Card Holder last year and now would love to have this desk organizer:

Recycled Record Desk Organizer $30

Fox Designs Jewelry creates jewelry from recycled acoustic, electric and bass guitar strings as well as buckeyes, vintage keys and naturally shed peacock feathers.

Recycled Electric Guitar String Bracelet $15

Purses, tote bags, made to order memory bears and these luggage tags by 3 Stitch Creations are made from reclaimed fabrics, clothes and zippers.

Flying Tequila ID Tag Set $9
 Shop local & buy handmade!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Columbus! It's a great town to call home. I lived there for the past 10 or so years, and just recently moved back "home" to Logan county Ohio to help run the family farm. (But I'll still be doing my IKC Design stuff too!)

    Thanks for putting my desk organizer in your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including me!!! I grew up in Columbus and (admittedly) can't venture too far away! Welcome Home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for including us! Columbus has a great group of artists committed to being green and we are glad to be a part of it too. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!