Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Repurposed Thanksgiving

We normally travel for Thanksgiving but this year my folks are coming to our house.  The prospect of hosting Thanksgiving dinner has me thinking about decorations and serving dishes that I otherwise have never thought about.

This repurposed cardboard banner by Cardboard Sheek would look fantastic in my entry or across the mantle!

Happy Thanksgiving Banner Cardboard-Repurposed $23

Wouldn't these floating acorn candles by green baboon designs look elegant floating in a long, skinny vessel as a centerpiece?

10 Beeswax Acorn Cap Floating Candles $10

My grandma always has a relish tray on the table at every family gathering with black olives and a few varieties of pickles.  This vintage tray at Blue Gremlin would be a perfect, modern substitute for my grandma's crystal! 

Eat Tray Orange Modern Style Relish Tray Perfect $13.50

I cannot believe I haven't seen one of these before!  Of course there exists a special serving dish for canned cranberry goo...how else would you serve it?  Several of these sets are available on Etsy but I am particularly fond of this one for the graphics on the box (available at kelleystreetvintage).

Vintage Thanksgiving Cranberry Stainless $17.95

Buy repurposed, used and vintage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!