Friday, October 29, 2010

Repurposed Milk Jug Skeleton

A few weeks ago I posted about repurposed Halloween decorations including how to make a skeleton out of recycled milk jugs.  I finally created my own milk jug skeleton following the steps and diagrams from the tutorial I featured.

This skeleton is not anatomically correct, symmetrical, realistic or as good as my inspiration.  I'll admit I had problems cutting all the pieces out and was too lazy to find a better craft knife. 

The problems did not end there.  The glow-in-the-dark paint leftover from a project in my daughter's room decided not to glow anymore and the beading string I used to put the skeleton together kept breaking.  So, I gave up on the paint (we will have the porch light on for trick-or-treaters anyway) and bought clear cable or zip ties to put it together.  I highly recommend using cable ties!  It was so much easier to put together and will be sturdy for several years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!